Friday, April 1, 2011

Hard Corps : Uprising




I remember the days when i used to skip school just to hang around for hours in the local arcade. Watching all sorts of games come, take my lunch money and leave, I have to say my favorites were the platformers. The old school platformers with hand drawn graphics and 3 lives.

Hard Corps : Uprising was a pleasant sight for my nostalgic eyes , and just recently I spent my daily lunch money to get it :). I mean, 2d platformer, tons of explosions and lasers, anime artwork, Local Co-op, yup - the whole package. Although I've read reviews saying that it's kinda hard, but IMHO it's just about right to be challenging and yet rewarding. Most of the time when you encounter new areas you can easily manage, but the mini bosses require a bit of skill and adapting, but that curve is not too steep.

The artwork is superb , all sort of scenery will definitely keep you interested , and there's an awesome background-to-game-area transgression of various elements that not just looks visually impressive , but it also integrates well in the action segments.

The co-op is truly a rare commodity these days, but I'm impressed of how many of the PSN games have it. Thumbs up. Hard Corps is definitely multiplies the fun with the number of players, so grab someone and tape his hands to the controller. Or find someone online. I'll leave it up to you. :)

They could've added the other 2 characters in the base game pack, but if you get them, it's a money well spent. Specially the Sayuri chick, she brings some sword slicing to the table and makes it even more awesome.

9.0

No comments:

Post a Comment