Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Castlevania : Lords of Shadow



I can't seem to find the right words to describe something which is mediocre. Not like it has good parts and bad parts, but mediocre all the way. Well, to be honest I didn't expect it to be different I just wanted to have another God of War 3 experience and since the graphics of the first and second GoW HD remakes were too blocky for my taste, I went for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

So I got what I wanted. Maybe too much of it. Same 2-3 strike combat mechanics, spiced up with combos and QTE, Several types of enemies and a few puzzles but nothing too difficult. The combos were pretty interesting thing to me (yes i haven't played Heavenly sword or Devil May Cry :S ), but although the enemies had mythological background this game lacked the "epicness" of the GoW series, and ofcourse the Gore.

Story-wise the protagonist has pretty bland personality. Seeking redemption via the visualisation of the loved one is just not very original nor does the plot devlopment inspires emotions, instead I just  poker-faced through the cutscenes, with the occasional yawn. Some of the twists were really un-necessary but also very predictable, which is my impresion of the storyline in general

So, to summarize things - I wanted Gow experience and i got it. If you're into some quick fun without much engaging - be my guest, but if you're expecting something more there are other games out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment