Thursday, January 13, 2011

Less is More


Lately , i've been surprised of all the fun i had while playing "indie" games , downloaded from the PSN. I can honestly say that i haven't had such fun for a long time.Titles like Scott Pilgrim , Costume Quest , Deathspank .. truly a must-play for any PS3 owner.

I wondered how come that titles like this came in such (relatively) quick succession , and normally i started investigating the price of a Sony PS3 development kit.

After reading this, I found the cost of the licence kit it to be the most probable cause for the sudden rush of quality games to the PSN Store. It fits perfectly. Price cut spring/summer 2009. A year later - great games. Although , 2k $ is still a big price if you ask me , but it was significantly less than before. It's my opinion that the new wave of independent games on PSN , will determine the future of this console. Not to mention , raising the bar in means of quality . Just before this new year , there was an increase of PS3 's popularity (and sales , ofc ) so the initial "console with no games" ettiquette begins to fade.

I , as a XNA developer , and a PS3 owner , would very much like to contribute to the PS3 society , but still , the price is too high for me. If Sony continues the trend with reducing the cost of the Development Kit , I might just do.

I'm sure others would.

No comments:

Post a Comment