Thursday, January 20, 2011

To be the controller ... or not to be?

It's some really kewl technology implemented in these new motion controllers , but i'll skip it . Call me old fashioned but i don't dig all the hype about "being the controller" .
Like ,
- i'm a gamer ,
- whatcha playin
- "kinectimals" , "just dance" .
Puh-lease!
If you're so into that stuff , go play shooteer's at a paintball court , or sports games at the playground or go dance in the club ...This is just stupid. Not to mention the one with caressing womens curves :P . Do the real thing! (It's better i can assure you :) ) I know my reason for playing games was , cause i found something that i couldn't have. An Immersive, plausable (more or less) world.
And i liked how i controlled my in-game impersonation , via eye-hand coordination , or more like eye-brain-hand. Because imho , a gamer needs the tools to control his avatar . A gamer is not supposed to BE the avatar. That ruins it. The fun , and the concept of video game.
And control IS fun. Like it's fun to operate remote-control choppers , cars. It's fun to make people run , jump , shoot and do stuff. At least for me. I'll always cherish having the controller in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment